Welcome Readers!!



I hope you will enjoy some of my everyday musings on things yet unknown! I know I will enjoy expressing them to you! Questions and comments are always welcome! Have a peaceful day! P.S. Don't forget to scroll all the way down - you never know what you might miss!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Football Food and How I Got The Bears Into the Playoffs...

Yes, you read it right...I'm expecting a call anytime from The McCaskeys (The Bears Owners...) to thank me for what has been no small feat (ahem...Cutler...ahem...)  If you read my previous post, you'll know that I have been meditating for about twelve weeks now on a regular basis.  Have I been praying for the Bears to make it to the playoffs AND have a buy? Of course, not.  What gives?

**Source Unknown


A little background:  I am originally from Niles, Michigan a great little town in the SW Corner of Michigan, 10 minutes from Notre Dame, 30 minutes from Lake Michigan, and 90 minutes from Chicago.  So, of course, I was raised a Bears Fan.  When I was 19, I moved to my current city of Muncie, Indiana - home to none other than Ball State University, and I mean that...(just kidding Muncie!)  Slowly, but surely, I strayed...it was so easy - Peyton Manning is awesome, and well, I found myself joining those around me and becoming a Colts Fan.  In the past couple of years, we have toyed with the idea of moving back to the Niles area...Naturally, I felt a big connection to my roots and vowed to go back to them, forsaking the Colts, and returning all of my love to Da Bears and Da Bulls.  I never left Da Cubs...sadly. 

So, couple this change of heart for me, and the meditation that has put me so in sync with the world, and I just can't help but think that, yep, I've had a pretty strong influence on where the Bulls and the Bears are today, despite Jay Cutler.  Please save your comments for four weeks from now, when my meditative powers will undoubtedly run out...Hey, I can't do it all!!

With that said, let's move on to the important things: FoOtBaLl FoOdS!  Today's Recipe List will include the first three; stay tuned for more to follow in the next couple of weeks!!

1. 
Buffalo Chicken Dip
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: NUNPUNCH
Photo By: Robin Sue
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 20
"This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like buffalo chicken wings. It's best served hot with crackers and celery sticks. Everyone loves the results!"
Ingredients:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken,
drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,
softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's
Red Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
 
1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4
inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored
crackers
Directions:
1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers. 

======================================
2. 
Jimmy's Mexican Pizza
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Jimmy Simian
Photo By: B@KER
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 8
"Jimmy's specially seasoned ground beef, refried beans, salsa, and cheese layered between two flour tortillas for a Mexican inspired deep dish pizza. "
Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat 2 pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Drain off grease. Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Lay one tortilla in each pie plate, and cover with a layer of refried beans. Spread half of the seasoned ground beef over each one, and then cover with a second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
4. Remove the plates from the oven, and let cool slightly. Spread half of the salsa over each top tortilla. Cover each pizza with half of the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Place half of the tomatoes, half of the green onions, and half of the jalapeno slices onto each one.
5. Return the pizzas to the oven, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before slicing each one into 4 pieces.
======================================
3. 
Hot Sausage Dip
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Carey
Photo By: amandak23k
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 48
"This spicy sausage dip is great with tortilla chips or crackers. It's so thick and tasty, it could be a meal in itself!"
Ingredients:
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with
green chile peppers, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
Directions:
1. Place pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
2. Drain sausage and stir in onions. Cook until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in diced tomatoes with green chile peppers. Stirring occasionally, allow the mixture to simmer approximately 15 minutes.
3. Blend cream cheese and sour cream into the sausage mixture. Season with crushed red pepper.            

No comments:

Post a Comment