Welcome Readers!!



I hope you will enjoy some of my everyday musings on things yet unknown! I know I will enjoy expressing them to you! Questions and comments are always welcome! Have a peaceful day! P.S. Don't forget to scroll all the way down - you never know what you might miss!

Monday, January 3, 2011

iFit? You bet...My favorite fitness apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

Good afternoon my friends! Welcome to the first Monday of 2011! I hope you are feeling energetic and enjoying life!

It is no secret that I am most definitely an Apple FanGirl...I have found several apps to be useful in both my mental and physical fitness endeavors.  I'd like to share some of them with you today!


1.  "MyFitnessPal" is a Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker.  It has a 4.5 star rating from over 1,000 users.  Best of all, it is FREE!  F-R-E-E that spells Free!  It's food database includes over 600,000 foods.  It is very simple to use.  This app has been featured in USA Today, Family Circle, Marie Claire, NBC, CNET, Shape, and more.  The database is available offline, which is nice for iPod Touch users.  Food entry is very easy - it remembers your favorites, allows you to add multiple foods at once and lets you add entire meals. The app syncs with the website so you can log in from your computer or  your iPod/iPhone.  It also allows you to track your exercise and calories burned and it keeps track of your weight.  The exercise database includes more than 350 exercises.  You can set personalized goals as well.  It also allows you to post your progress to Twitter and Facebook if you choose to.

2.  "Streaks" is an awesome app that has made a Flosser out of me!! Streaks allows you to set up as many "Calendars" as you want.  You can make daily tasks, weekly tasks, or other variations in between.  The goal is to "not break the streak".  The app always displays your current streak as well as your longest streak.  I am a detail oriented, list-person and I like it for making sure I drink enough water, eat enough fruits and veggies, take my vitamin, floss, and get my exercise.  I make those items daily, with allowance for one day off per week.  I have other goals that I set up as Weekly Streaks, such as meditating 4 times per week, strength training once per week, and reading for 15 minutes 4 times per week.  It has been an extremely useful app for me.  Streaks is $1.99.

3.  C25K by Bluefin Software, LLC is an app that I am using with my son.  We plan on doing the Sunburst 5K in South Bend, Indiana this year.  This is a 5K/10K/Half-Marathon that allows its runners to finish on the football stadium of Notre Dame!  The app is $1.99.  It is a 9-week program that has users workout 3 times per week.  The program alternates between walking and running and each workout session is between 30 - 40 minutes long.  It allows you to listen to your playlist while running.  The "trainer" will give you a audio cue when it is time to run or walk.  The app is also equipped with Facebook/Twitter integration.

Try them out and let me know what you think!!! Good luck!

Have a mindful day! Peace...E.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! You are so inspiring and resourceful! Go get 'em!

    love
    Mom and Michael

    ReplyDelete