Welcome Readers!!



I hope you will enjoy some of my everyday musings on things yet unknown! I know I will enjoy expressing them to you! Questions and comments are always welcome! Have a peaceful day! P.S. Don't forget to scroll all the way down - you never know what you might miss!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

So What Does It All Really Mean, Anyway?

"Oz Never Did Give Nothin' To The Tinman..."...the title of my blog came to me almost immediately as I was creating it Sunday night...The quote is an excerpt from the lyrics of a song called Tin Man by America that was released in 1974, when I was just the ripe old age of three!


So, I feel like I should give you a little background, before I tell you my interpretation of the lyric.  About eight weeks ago, I began the practice of meditation.  I'd tried before, but it just never stuck.  I commited to fifteen minutes, four times per week.  The first couple of weeks it was: "Are we done yet?"  It definitely takes practice to be able to quiet the mind.  But, by the end of six weeks, it became something I craved as much as I crave a workout when I don't get it in...(or Mexican food on the weekend!!)  Along with the meditation, I had the pleasure of reading several books that talked a lot about the power we have over our feelings by virtue of controlling our thoughts.  And, OMG, I have found it to be so very true! I'm certainly not perfect, I still have lapses...but, wow! What a powerful thing to realize we are in control of the degree of happiness and joy, or, fear and disdain, for that matter, that we allow into our lives.  Now, of course, there are extreme circumstances that, I imagine, are so difficult, that no amount of positive thinking will wash those feelings away.  (Although, I do believe, they could improve one's general outlook...)  But, believe me, the vast majority of us could benefit from reading Self-Coaching 101 by Brooke Castillo.  We can talk more about that later...I've digressed...



Hmmm? How did these lyrics just pop into my head? My reason for beginning this blog were twofold...one, I enjoy technology and creativity and two, I've always enjoyed writing.  It's as much for me as it is for you, which is a good thing, since I only have three "followers" so far!  I suspect the openness of my mind as of late due to the meditation, kind of POPPED these lyrics into my head.

What do they mean to me? The lyrics continue..."Oz Never Did Give Nothin' to The Tin Man, That He Didn't, Didn't Already Have..."  Now, if you were raised on seventies feel good hippy music, than, you would have heard the rest of those lyrics in your head as you read my Blog Title.  To me, this means, wait for it......wait for it........!

It's all inside you! The ability to feel love, to express joy,  to be happy and  to be "present"...are all inside you already! And, no person, no object, no destination is going to give that to you in the long run.  You truly are the one in charge!  It's nice to know...

Peace...E.

No comments:

Post a Comment